BILL AND MELINDA GATES FOUNDATION
Monitoring and Accountability Consulatant to
National Polio Eradication Emergency Operations Centre (NPHCDA)
The Polio Eradication Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) is a Government led process where key Government and polio eradication partner staff work together with the aim of improving information sharing as well as joint programming (planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation). The EOC is expected to promote a framework for joint problem identification and solving and enhancing more coordinated response to evolving situation.
· Secretary of the Strategy Group National EOC.
· Monitor the implementation of activities planned by LGAs against the priorities agreed upon by stakeholders as national and local priorities
· Provide daily reports to the state focal persons (SFP) of the operations working group on the status of pre-implementation activities.
· Review pre-campaign dashboard, follow-up on overdue activities and present to the State Focal Person (SFP) for escalation to the appropriate quarters
· Provide documents, support preparation of presentations, tracking of work plans and data support during field visit by EOC members to poor performing LGAs
· Periodically support EOC team with visits to the declining/stagnant LGAs as part 6 above
· Intervene directly with LGA officers when gaps are observed in the preparatory processes, escalated to the SFP for specific intervention with the state or LGA officials.
· In close collaboration with the SFP, summarize pre-campaign data to guide EOC decision on whether or not LGAs and states are sufficiently prepared to implement SIAs
· Collate reports from M&A officers, LGA Facilitator, LGA social mobilization consultants and state teams on implementation of work plans e.g. high risk operational plans (HROP), in-between round activities, Routine Immunization (RI) and mop-ups are conducted in areas where >10% of children missed etc.
· Review daily Pre- Campaign, intra-campaign and post campaign data from dashboard for SIAs, RI, and Mop-Ups, calls to states and LGAs to obtain qualitative and quantitative data for analysis on households and Health facilities.
· Summarize Pre-Campaign, intra-campaign and post campaign data e.g. missed children, non-compliant households etc into formats that promotes fast action in the field
· Liaise with M&A officers to support the collation of evidences for the implementation of the accountability framework
· Tracking of RI activities at ward and LGA levels (fixed post and outreach sessions in the high risk LGAs).
· Conduct spot checks and supervisory support to M&A officers to verify evidences and provide information of performance management
· Provide monthly report of activities to SFP and EOC leadership.
· Provide financial reporting in a timely manner
· Review data to show trends in implementation of planned activities (Social Mobilization, RI, SIAs, In-between Rounds Activities, etc) for the PEI