1. Creates Project accounts in the accounting system
2. Maintains project –related records, including contracts and change orders
3. Manages the transfer of expenses in and out of project –related accounts
4. Reviews and approve supplier invoices related to a project
5. Reviews and approve timesheets for work related to a project
6. Reviews account totals related to projects assets and expenses
7. Communicates with Project Managers (PM) and Project Sponsors, regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing
8. Investigates project variances and submit variance reports to management
9. Manages a team of five project accounting support staff
10. Any jobs that may be assigned from time to time
1. Monitor the progress of the PRs from receipt by P&C until they are transformed into POs and issued suppliers.
2. Monitor the progress of the POs until the products and or services are received and invoiced.
3. Ensure that all required documentation is received from the suppliers in a timely fashion and specifically in accordance with the suppliers Vendor Document List(VDL).
4. Arrange for and coordinate all material and equipment inspections at suppliers works as required and specifically in accordance with the suppliers Inspection & Test plans.
5. Create call off POs and work orders from existing service agreements as required, particularly for arrangements and otheer logistical requirements.
6. Monitor the flow, follow up of validated invoices and payment to suppliers and contractors.
7. Provide input weekly and monthly reports of procurement, manufacturing, inspection and delivery activities.
8. Communicate with the material management department for preparing supplier list for each purchased materila for speeding up the procurement process and meeting projects requirement.
9. Assist in providing periodic analysis of KPIs in order to highlight problems and propose corrective actions.
10. Ensure strict compliance with the relevant contractual and procurement procedure specifically.
11. Ensure taht and variations and amendments that are due to contractors and suppliers are expeditiously issued.
12. Report to management on potential delay or claims situations from suffered by suppliers and attempt to resolve.
13. Ensure that contractors and suppliers deliver to time on budget and to the required quality.
1. Coordinated monthly and year closings in accordance with timetable
2. Prepared accurate month end Joint Venture accruals
3. Issued monthly Joint Venture cash call (as required by 25th of the month)
4. Prepared and issued monthly partner billing, statement/invoice by 10th calendar day each month or in accordance with the JOA (Joint Operating Agreement)
5. Ensured timely receipt of cash call/invoice funds from partners
6. Prepared and issued Joint Venture Cost Reports by work day 10 each month (if required)
7. Reporting of monthly actual Gross & Net Joint Venture information to the Corporate Reporting team; specifically Net Current Month and YTD actual against Budget including variance analysis by work day 5 each month
8. Production of the monthly Corporate Cash Call and Cash flow forecast by 25th of the month. Interface with Cash and Bank Accountant.
9. Implemented controls and accounting processes to ensure compliance with Group Accounting policy and Statutory legislation as well as underlying JOA (Joint Operating Agreement) obligations
10. General ledger balance sheet reconciliation of all Joint Venture accounts
11. Responsible for uploading budget and forecast information into SUN ensuring accuracy.
12. Ensured key relevant commercial agreements are correctly reflected in Joint Venture accounts.
13. Ensured Joint Venture ledgers and internal control checks support full cost recovery for Chevron from Joint Venture partners in line with the JOA
14. Point of contact for any potential JV issues and developments.
1) GENERAL LEDGER INTEGRITY
2) FINANCIAL CONTROL
3) FINANCIAL REPORTING
1. Esured Daily/weekly/monthly reports are met within timelines which helps in decision-making.
2. eveloped Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) which helps to assess performance
3. Esured the integrity of the General Ledger by ensuring completeness, accuracy and validity of of underlying records.
1. Lead assurance engagements for clients in the Oil and Gas sector
2. Responsible for audit planning, allocation of staff and timing of audit visits for clients in Oil and Gas
3. Carried out risk assessment of entities to be audited, documented processes, evaluated control
system and identified control weaknesses.
4. Supervised audit teams and ensured deliverables (reports) and key milestones (deadlines) were met.
5. Reviewed audit working papers and audit reports for quality of work done.
6. Provided deliverables (Management letters) which formalised findings, their impact on the business and recommendations for addressing each issue and management action (with implementation dates).
7. Reviewed clients Management Information Systems and provided recommendations on future MIS strategy.
1. Helped with the implementation of IFRS for major clients in Ghana
2. Developed and implemented policies and procedures for administration of Financial Systems (GL, AP, AR, FA, Inventory and Materials Accounting for clients).
3. Implemented accounting and budgetary control systems as well as statutory books & accounts
4. Reviewed processes to eliminate low value adding activities to improve process efficiency.
5. Developed Desk Guide for clients accounting staff with transactions process flow.
6. elped with implementation of Management Reporting Systems [HYPERION] for clients
7. Developed Risk Control metrics that helped clients Audit Committees in OPS RISK
8. Clients worked for includes: Ashanti Goldfield, (Ghana), Tema Oil Refinery (Ghana); Chevron (Nigeria) Total (Nigeria), NOLCHEM (Nigeria).