DISTRICT ENGINEER, CORPORATE RADIO TRANSMISSION
SHELL PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY, (CONTRACTOR), PORT HARCOURT
June 2002 - September 2006 (4 years 3 months)
• Provided project management services for cross-functional IT projects that involve significant resource commitment facilitating the timely, cost-effective and appropriate quality of the project deliverables while ensuring the appropriate integration into existing systems. I managed the corporate radio maintenance project in SPDC east in a busy service oriented environment such as customer service, logistics and planning in addition to extra-contractual work orders that crop up daily.
• Digital Microwave Radio Operation and Maintenance;
• Transmission Engineering;
• Earthing protection from MDF through MUX, radio, feeder/waveguide up to the antenna;
• Monthly and quarterly periodic preventive Maintenance culture; Tower/mast routine maintenance.
• Back-up battery installation, charging and maintenance.
Solar Energy Utilization:
• Site engineering relative to the solar radiator;
• Load design
• Photo-voltaic installation;
• Battery back-ups;
• Charge controllers;
• Lightning protection; and
• Power termination and cut-over.
Coordinated the installation of new 5GHz microwave radios for voice, data and video communication to replace the existing 2GHz system. This project spanned through the land and swamp areas of NAOC oil production stations of the Niger delta.
• Test-running (performance integrity tests) new 5GHz microwave transceivers in the base prior to deployment to site;
• Modification of equipment and accessories for best performance;
• Site survey at the existing towers/masts including community related issues;
• Arrangement of land, air and marine transportation means and vessels;
• Non-destructive packaging of equipment for safe conveyance to site.
• Mobilization of personnel and equipment to site.
• Mounting of radio/antenna (ODU) and feeder cable systems on tower;
• Mounting of IDU’s and requisite multiplexers;
• Provision of requisite power supplies as per manufacturer’s specification;
• Power-up the complete system and antenna panning (alignment) for best RSL;
• Equipment and radio hut labeling for easy identification;
• Joint performance/integrity tests with the client’s representative;
• Completing and signing acceptance documents jointly with client;
• Commissioning of radio link; and
Preparation of AS-BUILT documents.