1. I ensure goods and services are procured for the best price and value
2. I work with my team to eliminate any waste and unnecessary costs to create a streamlined process and operation times
3. I coordinate and work with suppliers to ensure that key processes are running efficiently and cost-effectively
4. I in conjunction with the management team get involve in contract management and negotiation
1. Responsible for planning, developing and buying materials, parts, supplies and equipments in a timely and cost effective way; timely manner while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications
2. Verification of all requisitions and ensuring authorization as necessary to facilitate the timely purchase
3. Sourcing for Vendors
4. Sorting quotations to select the best bid; best price, best quality & best delivery time
5. Approval of requisitions and purchase orders in accordance with company policy and negotiated terms and conditions
6. Liaising with Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the business with the supplier.
7. I guide the organization’s acquisition procedures and standards
8. I Build and develop relationships with key suppliers and customers.
9. Ensuring supplier compliance with the company requirements for safety
10. Managing vendor relationships and assist in building effective partnerships
Great deal of achievements was recorded while performing the duties above:
1. A just-in-time paper work on purchase is achieved
2. New template was formed by me for printing of purchase order; that enabled vendors to make delivery of items without getting confused.
3. A comprehensive Vendors list was properly maintained
4. My knowledge of the market and general economic knowledge were so strong that it became so hard for vendors to beat us.
5. I have been able to make our vendors see themselves as a partner rather than being a money maker
6. Great cost reduction has been recorded without sacrificing quality through my use of Total Quality Management (TQM)
7. I have been able to bring in a new way of trucking our equipments by demanding for insurance certificate from the trucking company for goods in transit. This gives us rest of mind whenever we transport any of our equipments.
8. I prepared a work manual on how Purchase Orders could be generated and a presentation made on it (A step by step way to create PO through Syspro). This helped the staffs that were newly hired to be sound on the use of the company software.