Senior Quality Analyst/Laboratory Team Leader
Coca-Cola Nigeria Limited
April 2008 - October 2009 (1 year 7 months)
- Manage all warehouse and laboratory activities in compliance with the Coca – Cola Quality system and ISO requirements to ensure that all the raw materials use for production activities meets acceptable quality standards and specifications.
- Participate in the ware house and laboratory work team to execute the work plans from the quality control perspectives hence, maximize the confidence level in the final decision for the release of ingredient and merchandises and finished products.
- Assist in the preparation and management of laboratory budgets.
- Calibration, validation and performance check on warehouse and Laboratory Equipment such as BALANCES, WAREHOUSE HUMIDITY AND TEMPERATURE MEASURING DEVICES, HPLC, MPA FT-NIR, AUTOTITRATOR, THERMOSYSTEM, ION CHROMATOGRAPHY, SPECTROPHOTOMETER, PARTICLE SIZER .
- Ensure regular Audit of warehouse operations for continuous improvement and monthly GMP audit of plant.
- Collaborate with the laboratory manager and Quality Assurance Manager to develop and implement strategies regarding quality that support Plant Vision, Mission and Quality statement of the Otta CP.
- Ensure and implement Good Laboratory practices, ISO 17025 and other applicable regulations. Manage inter laboratory proficiency program for the plant.
- SAP quality Module Custodian for the plant.
- Reconcile records and count variances providing remarks and narratives where there is discrepancy(ies) and ensure all issues are closed and in agreement with all stakeholder especially our customer.
- Management of inventory level for packaging material and ingredients within profile (age of stock & weeks of cover). This entails procurement and logistics activities of all raw materials (import and local) and other capital expenditure (Capex) items for the plant. It cover constant engagement with all supply chain team- the suppliers, customers and clearing agent in ensuring uninterrupted production and value for money in all procurement activities.
- Manage the process / laboratory quality program in compliance with The Coca-Cola Quality System and ISO management requirement to ensure continuous supply of concentrate and Beverage base with the highest quality.
- Ensure all quality control work plan is executed and product shipped to customers meets TCCQS, ISOs, HACCP and local regulations.
- Lead continuous improvement program (Operational Excellence) and implement process improvement activities in Technical department.
- Method validation protocol for all Laboratory equipment and test validation protocol for laboratory test methods.
- Lead corrective action program implementation for the department and ensure corrective actions are taken for audit non conformances.
- Design and implement procedures for managing laboratory consumable for effecting tracking of chemicals and other laboratory items.
- Reduction in Laboratory OPEX budget from $10,980 in 2006 to $ 5,800 in 2009.
- Received Successful Performance ( SP) Appraisal ratings for 4 consecutive years.
- Reduction in CPS Nigeria Inventory write-offs from $13,807 in 2008 to $276.11 in Q2, 2009.
- Achieved ISO 9,001, 14, 000, 18,000, 22,000 and The Coca-Cola Company Evolution 3 certification.
- Achieved ISO 17025 initial assessment in 2009.
- Achieved 100% performance in External proficiency test program (2006-2009).
- Install and commission laboratory NIR by end of Q2, 2009.
- Reduce emulsion release period from 10 to 5 days by end Q3, 2009.
- Achieve equipment efficiency of 99% and Cpk K =1.
- Achieved 90% CAP closures.
- Reduce System write-off of 2008 by end of 2009 (From $259,000 to <$500).
- Successfully install and commission new NIR after being trained on installation and use of NIR BY Brucker.
- Successfully install and commission new Beckman coulter Particle Sizer.