QA/QC Inspection Engineer
June 2008 - Present Day (8 years 9 months)
- Work Permit and Isolation Permit Awareness.
- Confined Space, Fire Watchman, Working at height and Dropped Object Awareness.
- A Lifting Specialist and Instrumentation/Calibrations Engineering.
- A good knowledge of AutoCAD, MS Word, Excel, MS Dos, Power Point
- A specialist in Engineering/Technical Drawing (Isographic, Isometrics and Orthographic designs)
- Load testing and thorough examination of lifting equipment in compliance with industry applicable standard.
- non-destructive examination in compliance with NDE standards
- Lifting equipments inspections and generate an error free report in a timely manner
- Interpretation and implementation of the minimum requirements of offshore Containers designed and constructed to standards; BS 7072:1989,BS EN 12079 Part 1, 2 and 3 and DNV: 2. 7-1
- Management of Lifting, Rigging, Slinging and Safe use of Lifting Equipment
- Good interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage stress, work effectively in a team, Self-motivated and target-oriented
- Knowledge & understanding of LOLER Regulations and LEEA Guidelines
- experience in Lifting Equipment Inspection and Load Testing of CCU’s and Safe Use of Cargo Carrying Unit
- conducts lifting and rigging operations inspection and management of all lifting and hoisting equipment including cranes, gears and all load bearing tools including winches, pulley blocks, rope slings, chain slings, shackles, swivel or eye-bolt, containers, etc. Carry out relevant visual inspection, NDT, load tests etc and certify these equipment in line with relevant standards and approved codes of practice, (ASNT recommended Practice SNT-TC-A1, 2001 edition and included theory, ASTM, ASME and API).
- Strive to provide a balanced assessment of the condition of the 206, 602, 1002 &1502 pipelines, crossovers, flanges, metal flex, hull-gauging or structure through ultrasonic thickness measurement and recommend action that will assure the operator of the continuing integrity for the projected life span of the equipment.
- Working with the ABS personnel during rig survey in compliance with “ABS Guide Module Hull gauging and Wastage Allowances & assisting the ABS Surveyor to Prepare Survey Status Report.
- Plan, implement and participate in Pre Manufacturing meetings across the project and ensure contract requirements are cascaded through to the sub contractor / supplier.
- Ensure all non-conformances within product and service are managed in accordance with project procedures, maintain the non conformance data base and provide the Project Quality Manager with a weekly summary of project non conformance activity.
- To establish and maintain the NDE data base, to record and monitor NDE operative certification and re-certification throughout the project and other related matters.