RESEARCH ASSISTANCE (NYSC 2012).
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE, UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS.
August 2012 - June 2013 (11 months)
- Collection, Separation and Registration of Samples.
- Detection of HIV-1 viral DNA in infants born to HIV infected mothers by Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) using Roche Amplicor HIV-1 DNA version 1.5 kits.
- Quantitative Analysis of the virus RNA (viral load) by Polymerase Chain Reaction using Roche Amplicor HIV-1 RNA version 1.5 kits
- CD4 Absolute count using Pertec Cyflow(R) counter.
- CD4% count in infant infected with HIV.
- Hepatitis A and B Screening using Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay Technique (ELISA).
- Clinical Chemistry Diagnosis using Roche /Hitachi 902 Automated Chemistry Analyzer