Transport and logistic officer
Orbital & Orange Nig. Ltd. Oil & Gas Servicing company Port Harcourt, Rivers state.
August 2011 - January 2013 (1 year 6 months)
- Monitoring the quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of the movement and storage of goods;
- Coordinating and controlling the order cycle and associated information systems;
- Analysing data to monitor performance and plan improvements and demand;
- Allocating and managing staff resources according to changing needs;
- Liaising and negotiating with customers and suppliers;
- Developing business by gaining new contracts, analysing logistical problems and producing new solutions.
- Every day review of journey management for drivers and truck mate.
- Daily routine check of trucks using vehicle check list.
- Understanding customer needs, get request for quotation, provides and follow-up offers, involved technical department when adequate, negotiates and concludes business transactions.
- Marketing and involvement in public relations activities of the company.
- Daily review of Job Safety Analysis for lifting operation by checking significant task steps, hazards, and how to control it.
- Ensuring the trucks and vehicles are roadworthiness and pre-mob.
- Providing technical support on insurance covers and assessment of the company insurance covers.