Tasks Carried Out:
· Coordinate competent contractor selection process for the Telecom project (telecom installation, civil work, electrical work).
· Promoting, motivating, and maintaining a standard of health, safety and environment awareness at the work site and the camp area by conducting safety meeting, in house training
· Conduct Toolbox talks with contractors on the entire daily job Activities highlighting the Hazards and control measures and best practices to reduce Risk of accidents on the Job.
· Foster a strong health, safety and environmental protection culture to the entire team while always looking for opportunities to raise the level of HSE awareness.
· Conduct Risk Assessments (together with contractor management Team) and Implement control measures in areas where a site is to be built.
· Ensure competent hands (with appropriate PTW) carry out high risk activities like climbing the mast, hot works.
· Develop and enforce a safe system of work for all job types that can be carried out on site.
· Conduct safety inspections and audits in team to measure effectiveness of the control measures in place periodically.
· Inspects organizational facilities and audits records to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards; determine corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
· Carry out regular inspection on all vehicles and equipment, workshop, site locations, camp inspections, First aid box inspection, Fire extinguishers Inspection, PPE inspection, Lifting Tools & Equipment inspection, Store Inspection, Yard Inspection etc.
· Ensure an accident-reporting system is in operation and used effectively. Investigate all incidents including near misses and establish cause and corrective action to avoid further recurrence
· Maintain accurate safety statistics of accidents, Incidents and near misses. Review and upgrade standards and procedure in the work environments focusing on continuous improvements to eliminate and prevent injury or decease
· Ensure that company procedures relating to HSE are followed, lifting tools, tackles and equipments checked periodically by the competent person with high degree of supervision and that all lifting tackles/ equipments certificates are maintained.
· Involved in Accident Investigation team, Handling Emergencies, Performing a Job Hazard Analysis (JHA), Inspection of Hazardous Condition
· Measure and monitor Safety performance by using Performance indicators.
· Provide monthly report to the Top Management. Organizing and conducting periodic drill and report any short fall to the appropriate authority with proper justification and recommendations
· Involving in Management Walkthrough & HSE Walkthrough along with client representatives. Advising the Management about the potential hazards, unsafe equipments, unsafe working conditions and will carry out any remedial actions required to protect from such hazard. Providing guidelines to management about the safe work implementations.
· More training and awareness increased courteousness in site workers reducing accident rate by 60% in 2years.
· Modification of SSOW for Riggers and more rapid emergency response cut down (fall from height) accidents rate by 80%.
· Proper application of safety signs on installation site including isolation of Excavation Areas reduced lots of severe accidents by 50% in 2 years.
· Absolute enforcement of appropriate PPEs especially harness have saved the life of about 20 riggers form 2010 till date.
· A continuous Review and site Audit has helped in continuously shaping the Health and safety priority of Huawei toward achieving a goal Zero fatal accident record in her multimillion dollar projects.
· The company has saved 100 of thousands of dollars lost previously to Work place accidents’ direct and indirect costs.
Tasks Carried Out:
· Conducted Toolbox talks with contractors on the entire daily job Activities highlighting the Hazards and control measures and best practices to reduce Risk of accidents on installation Site.
· Effectively manage the contractors to minimize accidents and downtimes
· Read and Interpret site construction drawings for follow-up implementations and Monitoring
· Ensuring adherence of drawing to company drafting and safety standards.
· To check that site designs (including the towers) are developed in line with project requirements and SOC.
· Check and control the quality of deliverables received from third party contractors.
Work and coordinate team to ensure timely and safe delivery
Tasks Carried Out:
· Assisted in coordinating Toolbox talks with Shell contractors on the entire daily job Activities highlighting the Hazards and control measures and best practices to reduce Risk of accidents on the Job
· PPE inspection, control and distribution.
· Workshop inspection and coalition of incident/near misses/ accident records on daily basis
· Make Safety presentations to Work shop engineers to Promote, motivate and maintaining a high standard of health, safety and environment awareness at the work site.
· Involved in field inspection of three (3) compressor stations (Olomoro, Afiesere and Kokori) to affirm the Safety working condition of the Gas plants and the kind of surface water pumps in use in each of the hazardous Area Classification.
· Partook in the Overhauling of:
Ø CAT Diesel Engines (D3304, D3306, D3308, D3312)
Ø CAT GAS Engines (G3304, G3306, G3308, G3312)
Ø Ingasol-Rand Air compressor.
· Overhauling and calibration the following instrumentation equipment in team:
o Magneto o Positive Displacement Meter o Pressure Guages o Plug Valves oControl ValvesoPressure Switcheso Relief Valveso Rotron Meter