Overview:As Head: L & P, I participate in the procurement of fuel and related petroleum products necessary for the operation and use of our numerous clients in manufacturing, construction, petroleum product retail companies etc.
I supervise the procurement of such products from NNPC depots, and from major marketers from as far as Lagos to ensure the operation of the Company is sustained. Review buyer recommendation on vendor selecting, negotiations, bids, and purchase contracts.
Perform value analysis when applicable. Also procure and manage the process for ‘other businesses’ of the company from time to time.
I report to the Chief Executive Officer.
2. Supervising product supply to customers ensuring that products meet customer specification in terms of volume/quantity, product quality and gravity specification and on schedule delivery.
3. Theft monitoring and prevention by truck drivers. This I did through double checks of products from purchase point and at delivery point.
4. Liaison with depot union officials to deal with unruly and fraudulent truck drivers while ensuring that registered union member trucks and drivers are used for product lifting from depot to customer location
5. Arranging product transportation to customer after loading from depot
6. Financial accounting of transactions and report same to the company accountant and the CEO.
7. As the supervisor, I must demonstrate due diligence in exercising duties and be fully aware of occupational health and safety issues. Safety of everyone involved in the operations cycle is of concern.
8. Conducting general administration duties such as the provision of monthly reports and responding to operations inquiries.
Skills & Abilities
Core Beliefs: To deliver satisfaction in every business through integrity, passion and drive so I become fulfilled with peace and reward that comes from my efforts.