Radio transmission engineer
Shell Petoleum Portharcourt. Telecom/Radio Projects
November 2003 - November 2008 (5 years 1 month)
- Maintenance of SHELL Petroleum Development Company
- Corporate radio network.
- Installation and maintenance of IRT2000 (Lucent Tech Point-multipoint) TDMA microwave radio and the use of Repeaters to extend signals to areas of no network
- Installation and maintenance of MDL (2*4 Mbits/s point-point) High-speed Harris Microwave radio used for voice and data Transmission.
- Maintenance of 2/34Mbits ABB NERA PDH backbone radio.
- Involved in SHELL backbone upgrading project from 34Mbits (PDH ABB NERA) radio to (NEC 3000 SDH) STM-4 backbone radio used for SHELL ring network between Lagos, Warri, Port Harcourt and the swamps.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of multiplexers like (KEYMILE Umux, , Edge link Mux) used alongside with the radios to ensure bandwidth management and flexibility of signal transmission to and from SHELL networks.
- Team work with service center, switching and power teams to meet overall network availability through speedy response to faults.
AS A NETWORK ENGINEER
- Monitors and analysis radio link performance identify faults and ensure that all the faults are resolved within the specified time.
- Effective real time performance monitoring of all network elements and provides daily report on the next action to be carried out to improve network quality.
- Carries out transmission quality test, radio hop test, integrity test and any test that will be required on the link using different test equipment.
- DC POWER SUPPLY ENGINEEER
- Installation and maintenance of solar system and the building of their battery banks used for uninterrupted power supply to the radio equipment.
- Installation and maintenance of rectifiers (hammer +Simmons), inverters, DC-DC power converters, and their various battery banks to ensure constant power availability to the Equipment.
- Preventive routine maintenance of all various radios installed which involves, examination of the physical and electrical condition of the installed radios and measurement of their operational parameters such as voltage and current and compare same with the design specification
- Documentation of the readings taken in order to keep track record of the installation
A good knowledge on tower erection starting from civil works to Tower erection, carrying out various test such as soil test, Toque Test, and proper earthling of the tower in Amadi flat, R.A Tower, Intels and Imo River ii