SAFETY OFFICER ( INDUSTRIAL TRAINING)
WARRI REFINING AND PETROCHEMICAL COMPANY
April 2006 - April 2007 (1 year 1 month)
- Develop knowledge on process control systems, appliances, methods and procedures in the Fluid Catalytic Cracking Unit, Topping Unit, Petrochemical Plant, and Water Treatment Plant, to ensure workers safety and health, either in-built or as external precautionary measures like using the right tools, protective clothes, etc.
- Reporting accidents and near misses.
- Identification of unsafe conditions and acts, with a view to addressing them.
- Ensuring the positioning and maintenance of safety signage’s in all the operational areas.
- Assisting in creating environmental, health and safety awareness among staff.