Organisational Development/Fundraising Advisor
Centre for Health, Education, Economic rehabilitation and Social Security
February 2012 - Present Day (5 years 4 months)
- Heads the organisation Capacity building and Development processes
- Heads management in developing effective strategic planning outcomes assessment techniques.
- Facilitating CHEERS Nigeria programme strategic planning processes.
- Identifying data needs, data sources, data collection tools, performance targets and benchmarks, and assessment methodologies.
- Operating as an organizational leader and internal consultant to management in the identification, development, and implementation of programme processes.
- Evaluating programme initiatives to determine the appropriate organizational effectiveness interventions needed to meet organizational goals.
- Overseeing and managing related assessment information databases.
- Facilitating the implementation of organizational effectiveness interventions.
- Providing coaching to Project managers on organizational growth.
- Participating in the identification and development of a competency model to be used throughout various organizational programs.
- Developed and aligning performance management program with key organizational goals.
- Leading the development and implementation of major donor and foundation fundraising strategies for CHEERS Nigeria in line with its strategic plan
- Conducting capacity building trainings, mentoring, Coaching, and assessments of CHEERS Nigeria staff and its partner staff in major gift fundraising, and Marketing strategies ensuring adoption of best practice in global learning and innovation
- Supporting the Programme team to cultivate and nurture relationships with potential corporate & foundation sponsors, international & individual donors, Corporate, and embassies (governments).
- Supporting the fundraising and resource mobilization activities of CHEERS Nigeria Partner organisations by offering advise, mentorship and support monitoring in Nigeria
- Collaborating with the CHEERS Nigeria Programme team to develop and execute fundraising events to generate financial and in-kind contributions or organisational sustainability
- Developing attractive funding proposals and secure high quality and timely reporting for donors working closely with CHEERS Nigeria campaign teams and CHEERS Nigeria Finance in order to optimise the potential of major donor relationships.
- Preparing proposals and presentations for major donor solicitation by the country director (CD) ensuring appropriate follow up information
- Monitoring and update fundraising data base performance through regular tracking of set targets and growth goals.
- Conducting Organizational Development processes/ capacity assessments for CHEERS Nigeria partner Organisation
- Managing transnational and national fundraising activities CHEERS Nigeria, ensuring that all approvals for major donations are secured and that CHEERS Nigeria delivers on commitments made to high value donors.
- Monitoring ongoing fundraising campaign projects, in coordination with Country Director, to identify changes to funding agreements that will affect current proposals and reporting. Ensure that these are communicated promptly to donors and that the relationship is effectively managed.
- Defending CHEERS Nigeria proposals written to donors, corporate, foundations and institution when required for the approval or assessment processes.
- Report writing and appraising staff in the area of fundraising and follow up indicators