Manager – TRANSMISSION PLANNING & DELIVERY.
October 2011 - Present Day (5 years 7 months)
- Manage the wired and wireless planning network Unit of the company.
- Study Fiber Optic Cable network and propose necessary proactive actions to design path for core SDH and DWDM rings.
- Planning, Design and Optimization of Optical Networks (NG-SDH , DWDM : Metro/LH/ULH )
- Operation and maintenance of multi-vendor SDH / DWDM / Synchronization NOC.
- Installation, configuration, testing, commissioning, integration, optimisation, operation and maintenance of SDH / DWDM / OFC / Synchronization networks.
- Responsible for the timely planning of all Transmission networks within MULTILINKS e.g. PTP / PMP microwave networks, Fibre networks, DWDM/ SDH networks, etc.
- Forecast capacity and traffic and align with Radio, Core & IP plans and with strategy and roadmap
- Ensure correct planning of Transmission w.r.t fixed and mobile operator interconnections where required
- Plan transport capacity across access, backhaul and backbone infrastructure to support all of MTN’s bandwidth requirements
- Implementation of Interconnections with other PTO
- Assist in the prioritization, scheduling and coordination of daily maintenance work for the Fiber