Snr. Offshore Structural Engineer
SNEPCO SHELL NIGERIA(CONTRACT POSITION)
March 2010 - Present Day (7 years 3 months)
• Define concepts and develop scope of work for engineering designs for brown field modifications to existing facilities.
• Provide structural specifications as part of the design of modification and other projects
• Review design drawings and other technical documents to ensure compliance with applicable requirements and design objectives
• Manage structural part of projects related to modification and upgrade of the offshore facilities.
• Communicate with all stakeholders(management, process team, Engineering contractors)affected by projects
• Prepare timely response to technical queries from vendors and contractors and from Company departments
• Supervise offshore structural construction work and ensure that any outstanding work is recorded and corrective actions to be undertaken.
• Structural Design verification and update.
• Liaise with other Company staff for coordination of design and other activities.
• Attend Dept. and project meetings as and when required.
• Close interaction with fabrication yard, Operations, offshore core crew, constructions team and resolve all structural related issues as and when necessary.
• Report progress and problem areas related to the execution of the work and make superior aware of issues that may affect technical issues, schedules or cost.
• Liaise with Material and QA/QC Engineers to ensure that materials for construction meet required and applicable standards and specifications.
• Perform periodic offshore inspection visits in relation to the design of offshore modifications and tie-in of new facilities.
• Preparation of Man-hour estimates /Cost time resources for Structural works.
• Prepare Project close out and "lessons learnt" reports for each project upon completion.
• Participate in Risk Assessment and Constructability and HAZID reviews (offshore and onshore) of engineering deliverables.
• Strategies and carry out all tasks needed to ensure the successful execution of assigned projects on time schedule, within budget cost and with due regard to HSESQ.