i. My main responsibilities are to create and motivate team and the team members. I create an encouraging environment for the team members.
ii. Work with the owner and understand their requirements and what they need in order to provide them proper solutions.
iii. Implementation of all financial objectives set by the firm and making sure that the objectives are all met.
iv. Develop and maintain a good relationship with the clients.
v. Resolving the billing issues and convincing the clients accordingly.
vi. Line managers to project managers.
vii. Responsible for financial budgets of the projects, margins and other financial aspects relating to the running of the project.
viii. Continuous reviewing of company procedures and protocols to try and catch any weaknesses in the company’s operation.
ix. Provide a structure that will ensure the smooth Operation and Maintenance. Co-ordinate all the activities in the firm including administrative responsibilities.
x. Ensure a high standard of Safety for staff, equipment and public and inculcate a good safety and healthy atmosphere in the organization.
xi. Submit timely reports (Quarterly and annually).
xii. Others often include checking up on revenue margins and worker productivity as well as pitching and implementing ideas for both company and efficiency growth.
xiii. Monthly Project Review
i. Accountable for operational support, planned outages and unplanned maintenance, and associated administration activities at the Power Station. The Engineer reports to me. I oversee the implementation of all defined Quality and HSE systems. I also proactively support the Operator in the operation, maintenance and repair of the Power Station in accordance with the terms of the contract.
ii. Support in the co-ordination of all activities necessary to fulfill contractual obligations.
iii. Support Re-negotiations, amendments to contracts.
iv. Analyze monthly Power Station reports from the Plant Support Manager and take actions as necessary.
v. Support local material and services procurements.
vi. Ensure correct and sufficient support from country center to Site.
vii. Make suggestions for the improvement of processes and tools.
viii. Responsible for local staff recruitment.
ix. Line Manager of all Site Personnel’s.
x. Responsible for contracting of local resources (For A, B & C-inspections).
xi. I am responsible for Sub-contractors and other manpower related issues.
xii. Monthly Project Review
1 To provide high-level technical support for country-based Technical Support, particularly regarding technical information on products and application. Contact with customers is generally via the Technical support , how ever direct support can be offered under contract.
2 To keep up to date with product development, technical service always gets back to the product managers to get feedback on product, applications and new developments. I also need to work with the product activities in the qualification of new products in order to become more familiar with them.
Activities: Queries (technical) –
1. Resolve and close or escalate
2 Product questions not answered by the Technical support engineers.
3 New product quality issues.
4 Application questions.
5 Product working together in series or in a system.
6 Identify new business opportunities, define and quote product and equipment from customer’s requests, co-coordinating with relevant sales or marketing contact for special prices. Communicate to all relevant sale people.
7 Develop skills relating to new product, technologies and applications.
8 Complaint management.
9 Knowledge management.
10 Participate in the interaction center continuous improvement process.
11 Collaborate with Marketing on new product launches.
12 Liaise between customers, after – sales and marketing regarding product quality returns.
1. Customer queries (technical) - resolve and close or escalate e.g. choosing a component, product replacement.
2. Check references with other country/geographic version (Merlin Gerin final distribution).
3. Telemecanique vs. Square D or local products vs. other countries
4. Our Organisation vs. Competitors
7. Quotations (depends on the country policy whether this function is in the interaction centre. As with order processing, if resources are available, it is important to focus on one task, not try to do two things at the same time).
8. Identify new business opportunities, define and quote product and equipment from customers' requests, co-ordinating with relevant Sales or Marketing contact for special prices. Communicate to relevant sales people.
9. Develop skills relating to new products, technologies and applications.
10. Complaint management.
11. Knowledge management.
12. Participate in the interaction centre's continuous improvement process.
13. Collaborate with Marketing on new product launches.
14. Liaise between customers, After-Sales and Marketing regarding Product Quality Returns.
Local: Marketing department, Sales Department, Finance, Project and Service Department.
International: Schneider Electric Spain, Schneider Electric Greece, Schneider Electric Ghana, Conlog South Africa, Schneider Electric UAE, Schneider Italy, Schneider U.K etc.
i. Preparation of Low voltage offer.
ii. Forwarding of the low voltage offers to our customers and Distributors.
iii. Provision of backup for our sales Engineers.
iv. Generate daily, weekly, Monthly and Annual reports on products order intake/sales.
v. Facilitate products creation in SAP.
vi. Provision of support for the Project and Service Team in the Identification of products and price in SAP and other quotation tool.
vii. Registration and processing of Orders.
International: SE Spain, SE India, SE Egypt, SE France in connection with the product and price update in SAP.
Local: Project and service department, Marketing, Sales and the Finance department.
1) Oversee project production efforts to assure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget.
2) Prepare and study technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, and topographical maps to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
3) Investigate customer or public complaints, determine nature and extent of problem, and recommend remedial measures.
4) Plan layout of electric power distribution lines and Sub-stations.
5) Assist in developing capital project programs for new equipment and major repairs.
6) Develop budgets, estimating labor, material, and construction costs.
7) Compile data and write reports regarding existing and potential engineering studies and projects.
8) Collect data relating to commercial and residential development, population, and power system interconnection to determine operating efficiency of electrical systems.
9) Conduct field surveys and study maps, graphs, diagrams, and other data to identify and correct power system problems.
1) Confer with other engineers, customers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects.
2) Final survey and the Generation of the bill of quantities.
3) Design, implement, maintain and improve electrical equipments/Tools.
4) Direct and coordinate construction of high tension lines (ITC) and town network distribution lines (TDN), distribution transformer installations and the civil works.
5) Maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with the Ministry of Power and Power holding company of Nigeria specification.
6) Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
7) Site correspondence.
8) Prepare specifications for purchase of materials, tools and equipment.
9) Supervise and train project team members as necessary.