UNOPS-Millennium Villages Project
November 2011 - Present Day (5 years 5 months)
E-Health/ICT Manager at UNOPS Nigeria seconded to Pampaida Millennium Villages Research Project from 2011 to Present.
- Supporting Project Team leader and Sector Coordinators during annual work plan and budget preparation
- Prepare Work Plan, Budget and implementation of E-Health/ICT budget by coordinating various activities in the work plan to ensure proper utilization of resources to strengthen the healthcare system of the cluster
- Establish, update, and monitor the implementation of E-Health’s short, medium and long term strategic plans, with its objective positioning as a reliable data centre for Nigerian Project site
- Working with Agric & business development sector in writing partnership proposals
- Facilitate the procurement of Computers, Internet service, and Data Bundle subscription from Airtel for the implementation of Telemedicine / CommCare. Also serve as Project Focal person with Airtel, Kaduna State ministry of Health, PRRINN-MNCH, UNICEF,USAID, NPHCDA, and Federal Ministry of Health in relation to E-Health and MHealth
- Managing ICT for Development Program by coordinating the operations of Community ICT/Business Centre to ensure that Community members are utilizing the resources invested at the Centers by organizing ICT training for youth and other business transactions
- Facilitate the registration of 80% of the 82 community household and provided ID cards with unique identification for each household which make it easier for Health, Agaric & business Development, Education, Infrastructure and Gender and Community Development sector in channeling project scares recourses to the target population and formation of business cooperative for fertilizer distribution, dispensing of drugs as well as linking cooperatives with Community/Agricultural banks for Agaric Loans.
- Facilitate the introduction of E-Agriculture, working with rural famers and Community Agric extension workers using sms platform to educate farmers on best practices in order to have a positive impact on rural lively hoods and Coordinator in forming Cooperative unions as well as building the capacity of Community cooperatives on various Business plans.
- Working with Airtel Nigeria/New York E-Health Team on the server setup and maintenance and to resolve all connectivity challenges
- Facilitated the procurement of solar and installation at all clinics for the implementation of Open Medical Records.
- Supporting Education Connect to learn program for the Community Secondary School students.
- Creating Project performance work plan to enable measurement of various indicators and attending DQA and Data utilization meeting with the New York and MDG Centre Team
- Provide on-site support to ascertain the status of Project achievements and assist in preparation of weekly, Quarterly and Annual report that highlights achievements and project milestones.
- Provide supportive supervision and close monitoring of Community Health Workers to ensure
- Conducting DQA and Data Utilization meeting
- Localization of the MGV-Net system and its components to Nigeria and training of Health Team on the use of the system
- Training of the data clerks on the data entry of the CC+ forms and providing recommendation back to the CC+ Development team for improvements.
- Providing support to HSAs and local team on the MGV-Net system and its components
- Active development and testing of the MGV-Net system and its components
- Creation of custom Child Count+ modules in coordination with the local health team upon request
- Creating error detection and resolving template which is use during DQA weekly meeting with CHWs and other Health Team members to discuss identified errors during data entry to prevent reoccurrence
- Prepare Bi-Monthly report for each E-Health activity in both clusters and send to MDG Centre
- Focal point for the MVP relationship with M&E Unit of Kaduna State Ministry of Health, Ikara LGA as well as other Partners working on E-Health
- Reviewing and modifying as necessary the site’s ICT Strategy
- Providing computer training for trainer of trainers.
- Reviewing and modifying as necessary the site’s ICT Strategy
- Monitoring the activities of community Health workers to ensure proper heath care service delivery in the clusters
- Prepare and present a power point presentation on the E-Health implementation status in Pampaida during weekly E-Health Skype call organized by New York and Senegal MDG Centre to discuss all issues in relation to the E-Health implementation
- Supporting Family Planning, Immunization, HIV Know your status Campaign and WATSAN outreaches
Coordinating the preventive , Corrective and evaluative maintenance activities related to the Databank
• Creating template for recording system generated errors during Data entry to which serve as feedback
Mechanism for making corrections to the field workers who collect Data from the Field.
- Support the Project M&E Team during Surveys and collation of quarterly reports from all sectors
• Translating English version of IEC Materials, data collection tools used by Community Health Workers and
other project Document to Local language i.e Hausa and managing all queries regarding project staff email.
- Ensuring Data quality by periodic Verification and validation of Patients Health IDs to ensure all error are corrected
- Support the Agric & Business sector during fertilizer loan to community members by providing comprehensive list of community members as well as support the formation of cooperative unions for the purpose of linking them with Bank for Agric loan.
- Working with Health team in identifying indicators for the Clinic Openmrs as well as customizing the Data entry forms in the Openmrs virtual machine
- Updating the website of the Millennium Villages Information System on the field activities
- Updating Technical issue on the readmine site designed for knowledge sharing among all sites to make managing the MGV-Net Database easily
- Close monitoring to ensure Data entry clerk are entering correct transaction, also identify problems and resolve or escalate problems that are beyond me to the New York E-Health Team for support
- Coordinating and Facilitating the 6 month CHWs Professionalization on the use of the MGV-Net System.
Support Health Team during weekly C0-Health Outreaches to communities
- Generation of MVIS, Utilization and CHW Manager and General Reports from the ChildCount+ Report generation Dashboard and prepare Data utilization meeting to support decision making.
- I was among the USAID Nigerian delegates at Tanzania Regional meeting on the use of mobile Technology to improve Family Planning and Reproductive Health Program held from 12th- 16th November, 2012 at Bank of Tanzania Conference Hall and member of the Mhealth central working committee in Nigeria.
- Established partnership with PRRINN-MNCH, UNICEF Kaduna, Pathfinder International USA, USAID Nigeria and Community based NGOs
- Facilitated the implementation of Global Contract Agreement between the Millennium Villages Project and Airtel Nigeria
- Community ICT/Business Centre and Connect to learn program well managed
- Established good relationship with Community leaders
- Introduction of E-Agriculture
- Health care service delivery and student enrollment increase as the CC+ and Openmrs is tracking both
- 80% of the Head of household, women and under 5 years children registered on the MAC Server
- Resolved all connectivity/Power issues accordingly
- Community ICT/Business Centre is now yielding profit and capacity of Community youth was built on the use of computer and internet
- Facilitated the procurement of Data plan and other Hardware equipment for the COMCARE roll-out as advanced to the existing Child Count
- The Rapid SmS platform of CC+ was managed well
- Capacity of Community Health Workers is improved
- Used data in changing the face of Health care service delivery and improving the economic situation of the community members.
- Translated server responses and other Health education messages for awareness creation and other Project Documents to Local Language
- Proper utilization of the MGV-Net System have simplified Monitoring and Evaluation work