CONVERGED SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
UNION BANK OF NIGERIA
October 2013 - Present Day (3 years 6 months)
• Responsible for designing, implementing, managing, and maintaining a virtualization infrastructure in the bank.
• Successfully virtualized close to 85% of the Bank’s Physical servers’ assets using the Microsoft/VMware virtualization technology and management of over 200 VMs Servers thus leading to great cost and energy savings to the Bank.
• Responsible for VBLOCK System administration and management of the bank.
• Capacity management and real time monitoring of servers with Microsoft System Centre Operation Manager and VMware vRealize Operations Manager.
• Engagement with business units and IT service technical owners in ensuring protection of business critical data using business continuity best practice.
• Engagement and collaboration with application developers in provision of necessary infrastructure aiding service-oriented system development and deployment.
• Strategic consultation and partnership with other IT departments during the design and implementation of new solutions deployment.
• Assesses new technology and its relevance in terms of performance and cost to datacenter management