System/Network Support Engineer
Zenith Bank Plc
January 2007 - July 2012 (5 years 7 months)
• Installation, configuration and administration of client and server operating systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 2003 Server, Windows Server 2008, and SQL Server 2008.
• Users support on banking applications, network troubleshoots, computer hardware/applications, printers, scanners, infrastructure and our various applications support.
• Coordinates branch setup which includes: LAN structured cabling, set-up of communication devices (router, switches, modem, and servers) on the 42 U-rack, installation, configuration and setting up of computers for use with the Bank applications, Installation of printers, scanners and support of branch users until seamless take-off.
• Supervised and coordinated provisioning of ICT centre to Covenant University by Zenith Bank (400 capacity ICT centre).
• Implementation of desktop authority; software that centrally manages configuration of systems on the domain. It deploys software, patches, service packs, takes inventories and remote desktop capabilities etc from a central point to computers bank wide.
• Good understanding of Cisco switching, routing and WAN technologies. i.e. VLAN configuration, Spanning tree protocols, PPP, Frame Relay, TCP/IP, VoIP, QOS, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, RIP, Route Redistribution, IPv6 technologies, and security technologies .
• Good understanding Microsoft technologies; i.e. Active Directory, GPOs, VPN, DHCP and DNS configuration and management.
• Good understanding of ITIL management process; including service management, incidence management, capacity management, change management and service level targets and agreements..
• Remote users support using VNC, OCS, Remote desktop, and Expert Assist.
• Familiar with VMware technology
• Ensures all systems are protected against virus attack, familiar with Mcafee, Forefront and Security Essentials as Anti-virus.