IJEWERE & CO (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS & TAX PRACTITIONERS)
May 2011 - Present Day (6 years 2 months)
- Statutory audit and accounting services to various clients.
- Carrying out tax consultancy services which includes payroll administration and maintenance as well as computation of Pay As You Earn (PAYE) in line with the enabling Personal Income Tax Act as amended to date for various clients. Some of our clients includes First Bank of Nigeria Plc, Zenith Bank Plc, Fidelity Bank Plc, CitiBank Nig Ltd, EcoBank Plc, First Security Discount House (FSDH), Stanbic IBTC etc
- Tax secretarial functions such as filing of withholding tax (WHT) and Value Added Tax (VAT) monthly returns, filing of annual returns in respect of employees and corporate entities in strict adherence to the provision of the tax laws i.e Value Added Tax Act, Personal Income Tax Act (PITA) and Companies Income Tax Act as amended to date.
- Processing of Tax Clearance Certificate of individual and Audit Clearance Letter for Corporate Bodies.
- Maintenance of various clients’ tax related documents such as correspondence file with various tax authorities, staff payroll/fringe benefit, PAYE computation, objection letter, audited/ management account/trial balance, staff pay slip, cash/cheque vouchers, tax clearance certificates, audit clearance letter Income Tax Assessment, Value added Tax (VAT) and Withholding Tax (WHT) returns form and receipts issued on remittance.
- Attend to various clients’ tax related correspondence (such as demand notice to pay assessed tax liability, letter of refusal to issue revised assessment, notification of tax investigation and or back duty audit etc) from various relevant tax authorities i.e State Board of Internal Revenue (SBIR) and Federal Board of Inland Revenue (FBIR).
- Represent clients in various tax meetings such as tax reconciliation meeting, tax query, back duty audit and tax audit investigation with the relevant tax authorities as the case may be.