Project Engineer/Field support Engineer
MTN/Pico Communication Nig Ltd
March 2012 - Present Day (5 years 2 months)
- Supervision, installation and maintenance of in-building distributed antenna system (DAS) for MTN.
- Installation and maintenance of Repeaters for MTN.
- Carry out routine, corrective and preventive maintenance on DAS and Repeaters for MTN.
- Monitoring performance statistics and general weekly reports.
- Working with the transmission personnel to ensure all faults are cleared.
- Responsible for monitoring all maintenance contractors in all sites within the sub-region and ensuring contractors adhere to quality standard.
- Project site supervision and assisting in due process.
- Receive and respond to customer complaints.
- Detecting, Clearing of alarms on RBS 6601 and RRU for MTN sites.
- Preparing audit Spread Sheet for Das and Repeaters for MTN.
- Site design for technicians.
- Benchmarking for DAS and Repeater sites for MTN and collating the reports.
- Maintain good relationship with existing staff and clients.
- Assist in preparing technical proposal for new business.
- Assist in the management team in brainstorming on implementing new sites.
- Perform site survey for in-building coverage both passive and active DAS.
- Installation of in-building DAS for MTN at Eko tower total building, VGC road 2 & 3, park-inn hotel etc for MTN.
- Login into the Repeater and clearing all alarms for all MTN Repeaters.
- Attending to customers complaints.
- Maintenance and routine check for all MTN DAS and Repeaters in Nigeria.
- Conduct radio frequency investigation (RFI) to locate possible source of external interference for 2G and 3G network.
- Attend to call-out at NCC building in Abuja, NAHCO etc for MTN DAS and Repeaters.
- Competence in carrying out drive test/walk test.
- Competence in the use of site master, for measuring VSWR, Tems phone for signal strength during pre and post installation.