Transmission Planning Unit
Odua Telecom Limited
October 2002 - July 2009 (6 years 10 months)
Microwave Network Planning and Design
- Design of point-to-point microwave link network using ICS Telecoms software and Pathloss Software (V.4.0)
- Determining of Frequency band suitable for a particular link
- Assigning of Frequencies to network so as to minimize interference
- Implementation of microwave path survey
- Recommendation of alternatives where radio deployment is not Possible
- Optic Fibre planning and deployment
- Provide database of microwave deployment and utilization for NCC.
- Giving assistance to maintenance Engineers
- Experience with radios from Aviat, Huawei e.t.c
Base Station Network Design and Planning (FWA)
• Design of Fixed Wireless Access (point to multipoint link) network system using ICS Telecoms radio planning software and Aviat traffic tool.
• Link Budget
• Initial Radio Network Design
• Radio Network Acceptance Proposal
• Propagation Model Optimization
• Find best locations for potential base stations.
• Site Evaluation
• Final Radio Network Design
• Radio Parameters Definition
• Initial Tuning
• Radio Network Acceptance
• Interference management
Research on WiMax
- Worked on proposed migration from Clearburst to Wimax.
- Sought for potential WiMax Vendor.