1998 – March 2012
Aviation Depot superintendent (Kano JV & Abuja)
I supervised the construction of the Abuja Aviation facility, commissioned it and operated it within the period. It is made of two vertical storage tanks of a combined storage capacity of one million litres for Jet A1 at the Nnamdi Azikiwe international Airport. It has a pump island with two nos. pump, loading and offloading bay, a hydrant system with water and foam systems, office block, maintenance, store, generator and power house.
I structured and operated a throughput Aviation operational agreement with Oando Aviation in Abuja.
Further responsibility are as follows:-
1. Operations Management: I directed, lead and supervised the aviation operations activities in Abuja business area, exercising the delegated administrative and financial authority established for the position. I monitored and ensured adequate product inventory to service customers at all times through regular bridging of products. I assisted in preparing business strategies, business plan and identify required capital expenditure and control expenses. I prepared and implemented manpower plan based on work load with a view to optimizing personnel efficiency
2. Compliance to Standards: I ensure compliance of aviation activities to company standards and other established procedures at all times. I evaluate training needs of staff, plan and implement periodic formal aviation training for staff utilizing relevant resources and carry out scheduled local training as and when required to ensure compliance.
3. Operational Excellence: I actively implemented and supported all HSE programs/standards for operations and product integrity. I carried out training programs for airport operators and supervisors to ensure that product integrity, stewardship and HSE standards are maintained at all times.
4. Project Execution: i plan and execute aviation capital expenditure projects as approved in the investment budget. I draw up specifications, select equipment, invite bids and award contracts within my approval as per established procedures
5. Asset Management: I ensure that all plant and equipment are properly maintained and made available for operations through the implementation of planned maintenance programs. I ensure adequate availability of spare parts by proactive inventory management and ordering. I identify and implement programs and upgrades to enhance/protect the value of the assets
6. Business Support: I act as liaison with airport authority, local airline operations staff and other agencies to support operational requirements. I represent the company and liaise with other business units and support groups to resolve issues and capture synergies
7. Administrative functions: I verify and approve work documentation, prepare required reports, Investigate and report incidents, carry out disciplinary enquiries and recommend disciplinary action as required. I reinforce administrative and safety policies, standard operating procedures, rules and regulations.
1996 – 1998
Terminal Engineer.- Apapa Fuels Terminal
I was employed as part of the construction team during the construction of the Fuels terminal at Apapa.
We worked with the contractors during the construction and and commissioning of the terminal. We pioneered the operation of the terminal as the first terminal operators, handling all aspects of the depot operation including vessel receipts, storage and accounting, truck inspections, truck scheduling and despatch, dispensing of fuels and well as all aspects of terminal maintenance
Design, Fabrication and marketing of various Isowall structural panel products which included Movable cabins for offshore and onshore office and living accommodation, Prefabricated buildings, Paneling of Houseboats, Insulation of process areas such as factories, laboratories, buildings, ceilings etc.
I offered technical advice as a Technical Sales Executive on the application of the Isowall structural insulation panels and its various products. The panel is a structural lamination of aluminium sheets with polysterin in between which makes it insulating and fire retardant.
I prepared requisite tenders and supervise workshop production and site installations to ensure quality control. I handled all correspondences and customer relationships.