- Ability to install, configure, test, commission and maintain microwave equipment’s of various sizes.
- Must be able to translate mission requirements and transmission problems into solutions employing current state-of-the-art communications system equipment and software. The solutions may consist of local, satellite, wide area, fiber, cable, wireless media or some combination thereof.
- Must have the ability to define interaction/interface between different categories of requirements and develop appropriate design to support the requirements while employing transmission systems standards and methodologies.
- Must be able to serve as a liaison to interpret and translate various disciplines represented in contributing to the overall project, and serve as a point of contact for evaluation of problems arising from the systems nature of the task.
- Must be able to directly interface and manage the daily activities of the master control operations.
- Must have the ability to interface and communicate with the traffic, programming, on-air promotions and post production departmental representatives
- Must be able to handle the pressure of a live broadcast and all typical and associated issues; last minute media deliveries, changing rundowns and play out requirements.
- Must monitor the channel integrity and video quality. This will include real-time logging of poor quality content that makes it through the seams.
- Must be available and able to work as required in support of a 7 day, 24 hour, 365 day operating broadcast television production operation.
- Must be able to assist and provide input in conjunction with troubleshooting operational and technical issues that occurs after hours.
- Capable of accepting, understanding and logging verbal and electronic trouble and incident reports containing limited information and subsequently translating that information to a timely and full incident resolution and or correction.
- Clear, concise effective written and verbal communication with technical and non-technical individuals.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering/Communications Engineering/Computer Engineering or;
an HND Degree plus 6 years of relevant field and/or operational experience.
Relevant postgraduate and/or professional qualifications/certifications will be an added advantage Must have knowledge and experience in IT.