- The Web Editor/Blogger would be responsible for the content and images used on the website.
- Must have the ability to plan, research, write copy and edit the content of our website.
- Must have the ability to produce new content and writing it in an interesting and appealing manner.
- Maintaining Channels website and ensuring the information is accurate.
- Will be responsible for dealing with enquiries emailed from the site and overseeing any message boards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication/journalism and multimedia may be useful or;
an HND Degree in relevant field.
- Relevant postgraduate and/or professional qualifications/certifications will be an added advantage.
The Web Editor should:
- have excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- be able to undertake research using a variety of sources;
- be creative;
- be able to alter their style of writing to reflect their audience;
- be able to multitask and prioritise work schedules;
- be computer literate and possess good keyboard skills;
- be able to simplify and explain complex issues and procedures;
- be able to work on their own or in a team;
- be able to work to tight deadlines;
- be thorough and precise in their work with a good attention to detail; and
- be able to use their initiative.
The web blogger should:
- have excellent writing, grammatical, spelling and communication skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and equivalent applications;
Good understanding of Facebook, Blogger, Blogging, Twitter and other social media platforms;
- Analyse statistics on posts; and
Must have good judgment to write news stories and blogs.