Duties and Responsibilities :
- Responsible for design, development and implementation of short- and long-term solutions through new and existing applications.
- Reviewing IT requirements and processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions.
Must be able to provide application software development services or technical support in a defined project or existing production system.
Must be able to develop program logic for new applications or analyses and modify logic in existing applications
- Leads the creation of program specifications and diagrams, and develops coding logic flowcharts.
- Must have experience in coding, testing, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications using either .NET or Java/J2EE technologies.
- Ability to analyse requirements, and maintain, tests and integrates application components.
- Ability to analyse, design, create and implements databases, including data models, logical and physical databases, data dictionaries and schemas, access methods, device allocations, validation checks, organization and security.
- Ability to support and implement new applications.
- Ensures that system tests are successfully completed and documented and all problems are resolved.
- Liaises with software vendors and external technical support on issues such as software upgrades, problems and potential solutions.
- Analyse and evaluate existing or proposed systems, and devises computer programs, systems and related procedures to process data
- Prepare charts and diagrams to assist in problem analysis, and submits recommendations for solution
- Ability to debug code functionality while supporting multiple in-production websites.
- Design, develop, maintain, support and enhance an existing suite of applications.
- Application and technical support to internal users.
- Full life cycle development with strong attention to detail with testing
- Problem solving and troubleshooting
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working as an application developer
Experience working with Web technologies, XML and emerging web standards
- Web application deployment / maintenance
Full life cycle development including testing (nUnit)
Cross-browser web application development
- Knowledge of web portals and database
- CSS, jQuery, MS IIS, C#.NET / Visual Studio and ASP.NET
Must have strong database skills preferably with SQL (T-SQL, Subversion source control and SQL query performance tuning would be a major plus)